Tuesday, January 19, 2010

(Please don't) sine me up

I can see us hitting the peak (or the trough, depending on how you look at it) of the never-ending sinusoid that is American politics. My guess is the next 2-6 years will have the Republicans taking back some seats, and eventually ending up with a majority in the Senate and/or the House. Then they'll take the onus back from the Democrats to do nothing and F stuff up (like the Democrats are doing now and like they did from 2000-2008), and the pendulum will eventually swing the other way.

It's a never-ending cycle of me basically never getting anything I want and a bunch of overpaid jackasses in our government consistently ruining my day and raining on the parade that I never get to have. It's Santa Claus coming down the chimney to kick you in the junk and tell you he gave your gifts to the kid down the street who always beats you up and steals your lunch money.

Does this sound like whining? Cause it is. I'm 28 years old and I seriously question whether I can survive the endless void that is American politics, where lots of crap is flung and nothing worthwhile ever gets done.

How long until the American people, or at least the ones with some sense, stand up and demand some coherency, honesty, and action from their government? How long until the majority of people in this country who lose, under both Democrats and Republicans, realize that fact and put people in power who won't use it for their own personal gain? How much larger can the wealth gap grow while bankers, traders, pharma and the insurance companies enrich themselves on our backs? How many more of our young will be sent off to die in wars we have no business being in?

Where does it end?

I want my parade damn it.

No comments: