Monday, October 13, 2008

Can we PLEASE finally put it to rest?

The Man Behind the Whispers About Obama

For those of us capable of rational thought, I don't believe the "Obama is a Muslim" fallacy ever really caught on. But for some reason, among Republican and far-right zealots, this lie really hit paydirt. I'm not even going to get into how ridiculous the "Muslim as slur" idea is, as I have addressed it in the past as intolerance and bigotry at the highest levels, which should offend any person who believes in tolerance and religious freedom (which last time I checked were pretty big with the Founding Fathers of this country).

Now finally (how many months later) a mainstream media organizaion addresses the source of this falsity and exposes him for the anti-Semitic lover of frivolous lawsuits that he is. Why do we allow bigots like this guy to have such a sway in our political process??? It's seriously sickening.

And for all you s0-called Christians, I'm calling you out. I don't think Jesus said anywhere in the Bible to accuse your fellow Christian brethren of being from other religions and all other kinds of crazy stuff. If you're a Christian, start acting like one. Remember, being non-white doesn't automatically rule you out of the Christian faith (I know it's hard to understand for some of you). I mean... come on... let's not forget the fact that Jesus wasn't a WASP.

No comments: