Friday, October 24, 2008

Politically Motivated Robbery? More Like Politically Motivated Race-baiting

Police: McCain volunteer made up robbery story

I've held off on commenting on this since yesterday. I was highly suspicious of this young woman's story from the beginning, but I wanted to wait and hear the details and facts before I rushed to judgment. The fact that she said was robbed on a public street corner by a Black guy, because he had seen a McCain sticker on her car, seemed a little odd. Also, the fact that he would carve the nice little backwards 'B' on her face with a "dull knife" (since it barely looks like a real cut) to make her a Barack Obama supporter was also strange.

The fact that her Twitter page said this (before she took it down today):
atodd: Oh the blog I will be making soon... Its been a rough night #litf08
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 03:52:58 +0000
*
atodd: Pretty sure I'm on the wrong side of pittsburgh
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:45:59 +0000
*
atodd: Stubbornly searching for a bank of america to avoid ATM fees.
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:23:21 +0000
*
atodd: This traffic in pittsburgh needs to go away!!!! #litf08

also made it seem like she was trying to create a backstory or alibi for the story she had (because honestly, who's twittering about trying to find an ATM).

Anywho... now that the truth comes out and she confesses that she made the story up... the question becomes WHY? I mean it seems pretty obvious that this is a primetime case of race-baiting. 6'4" Black man attacks a white girl from Texas and carves a 'B' in her face to make her a Barack Obama supporter????? WHAT THE F*CK? The fact that anyone would stoop this low, to make up a story like this to scare up racial fear, is beyond me. It's absolutely sickening.

I don't blame McCain for this, however I would hope he lets it be known, and forcefully, that tactics like this are entirely unacceptable.

No comments: