Thursday, October 16, 2008

Joe the Plumber

Somehow Presidential election season always manages to draw out terms that enter the common vernacular that make me want to jam a rusty screwdriver through my ear drums.

Some that come to mind:
1. Joe Sixpack
2. Hockey Moms
3. Joe the Motherflippin Plumber

Too bad Joe Blow me hasn't quite made it to the primetime yet.

There is something that I find pretty rich about the most recent addition to this list besides him being a pretty obvious McCain plant and the media frenzy surrounding him (I mean come on, they had reporters there to interview and photograph him watching last nights debate, and the McCain campaign had his cellphone number, so clearly people knew he was going to come up during the debate).

Look no further than this court document to see just how hilarious him complaining about Obama raising his taxes is. It turns out that Mr. Joe the Plumber has a little problem paying the taxes he already owes. No wonder why he doesn't want them raised.

It also turns out that Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher, AKA Joe the Plumber, isn't even a licensed plumber. If that's how it's going to work around these parts I want to change my profession too.

If anyone out there is wondering what to call me next time they see me, take your pick:
1. Matt the Navy Seal
2. Matt the Lawyer
3. Matt the Neurosurgeon
4. Matt the Pilot
5. Matt the Astrophysicist

I'm not technically trained or licensed to do any of those jobs, but then again, neither is Joe when it comes to being a plumber. It's not fair if he gets a sweet name and I don't.

What do you want your new name to be?

No comments: