Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One Hell of a Warning Shot

Man Charged With Wounding Teen Caught Stealing His McCain Sign

I get it. Someone stealing your yard sign is annoying (I recently had someone swipe my Obama magnet off my car). I think if caught, the people should be punished just like they would for stealing anything else off someone's lawn.

HOWEVER.... shooting a gun at someone stealing your McCain or Obama sign is going a little too far. Now the man claims they were "warning shots". Last time I checked warning shots weren't fired directly at the people. This guy has a really bad understanding of what a "warning shot" entails, I am afraid. That, or he was intentionally shooting at these 17-year old kids. Consider one was shot in the arm and that two of the shots hit the van, I think it's kind of hard to argue that these were warning shots.

Hopefully this guy spends some time in jail so he can take some time and think about what a nut case he is. Valuing your John McCain yard sign greater than another human life is pretty sick and twisted.

No comments: