Thursday, September 4, 2008

She's your everday American...

I was just thinking how eerily similar the hype surrounding Palin is to that of a politician in recent history. With the talk of how she can relate to so many people as a "hockey mom" and a "mother". How she hunts moose and fishes for salmon, just like your regular old Josephine. Average Americans can relate to her, cause she's just like them, right?

Well I ask you to remember a time when people were subscribing to that line of thought. When was it?

Yes, yes, four and eight years ago... when we (well not really we, I sure as hell didn't vote for him) elected good ol' GWB. The guy you wanna drink a beer with. Remember where that got us?

So on that note, I really hope people vote on the issues this year and not on who seems the most like your neighbor. I for one don't want an "average" person at the helm of the most powerful nation in the world, I want an exceptional person.

No comments: